OcuShield – The Best Eye Health Supplement
Ocular Support with Saffron & Astaxanthin
Complete support for eye health and night vision
OcuShield – Ocular Support with Saffron & Astaxanthin provides lutein, trans-zeaxanthin, and meso-zeaxanthin, three important nutrients that protect the delicate photoreceptor cells in the retina’s macula from light damage. This innovative formula also contains astaxanthin to protect against eye fatigue and C3G (cyanidin-3-glucoside), a cutting-edge berry flavonoid compound that helps stimulate regeneration of rhodopsin, a compound in the eyes that absorbs light in the retina to help support night vision. Alpha-carotene has also been added to help support macular pigment as well as saffron for its vision-enhancing benefits.
Benefits at a Glance
- Comprehensive ocular nutrition in a single soft gel
- Contains lutein, two forms of zeaxanthin, and phospholipid compounds
- Enhanced with astaxanthin to help fight eye fatigue
- Promotes absorption and concentration of lutein nutrient
- Contains berry flavonoids to support night vision
- Provides an optimal dose of saffron to support healthy vision
Carotenoid antioxidants: essential nutrients for your eyes
The nutrients our eyes need are often hard to come by – and our bodies sometimes lose the ability to synthesize them as we age. For instance: carotenoid nutrients such as lutein and specific forms of zeaxanthin make up your macular pigment. This part of your retina protects underlying photoreceptor cells from the harmful effects of excess blue and ultraviolet light.1-5
Macular pigment density: vital for healthy vision
Because of this, the density of your macular pigment is essential to healthy vision.7-9 Unfortunately, this density naturally declines with age,10 and some of us lose the ability to synthesize meso-zeaxanthin from lutein over time. That’s why this formula contains lutein as well as trans-zeaxanthin and meso-zeaxanthin, which are difficult to get from diet alone. In addition, alpha-carotene has been added based on new evidence that it helps support the macular pigment.11
Astaxanthin: fight eye fatigue
When taken with other carotenoids, astaxanthin has been shown to promote DNA function, rejuvenate UVA-irradiated cells, and inhibit inflammatory cell infiltration.12-15 Astaxanthin also helps support vascular health within the eye16,17 and improves visual acuity.18-20 Astaxanthin may play a protective role against eye fatigue. Human clinical trials by Japanese scientists demonstrated that astaxanthin is effective in reducing bleary-eye feeling, a tendency toward irritation, and supporting ocular health.21-23
Phospholipids for lutein: absorption, concentration and circulation
Getting these eye-healthy nutrients to where you need them most is a huge part of supporting your vision health. This formula contains phospholipids, which mix well with lutein and are an integral part of the cell membrane. Phospholipids have also been shown to support lutein24-29 absorption and improve the circulation and accumulation of lutein within the retina as well.28,29
Nutrition for night vision: C3G berry flavonoids
OcuShield – Ocular Support with Saffron & Astaxanthin also contains a cutting-edge flavonoid derived from European black currant berry extract. Cyanidin-3-glucoside encourages the regeneration of rhodopsin,30 a retinal compound which absorbs light. Age-related decline of rhodopsin is associated with the loss of night vision — so this nutrient helps older eyes see better at night.
Vision-enhancing benefits of saffron
This formula also includes the optimal dose of saffron along with cyanidin-3-glucoside to support healthy vision.30-32 People supplementing with saffron showed an improvement in vision as measured by them seeing an average of two additional lines on the Snellen eye chart commonly used by doctors to test vision.31
Start protecting your eye health today, with OcuShield!
Eye health is a crucial and often-overlooked part of ensuring quality of life as you age. The potent ingredients in OcuShield Ocular Support with Saffron & Astaxanthin help protect your macular health from light-induced damage and oxidative stress. Make this comprehensive formula a part of your nutritional regimen — and help safeguard your eyes for years to come!
- Annu Rev Nutr. 2003;23:171-201.
- J Med Liban. 2009 Oct-Dec;57(4):261-7.
- Med Hypotheses. 2003 Oct;61(4):465-72.
- Free Radic Biol Med. 2012 Sep 15;53(6):1298-307
- Skin Pharmacol Physiol. 2007;20(6):283-91.
- Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011 Oct 17;52(11):8174-8.
- J Med Invest. 2012;59(1-2):1-11.
- Micron. 2012 Jul;43(7):759-81.
- Biomed Res Int. 2015;2015:564738.
- Clin Ophthalmol. 2013; 7: 685–690.
- JAMA Ophthalmol. 2015;133(12):1415-24.
- J Photochem Photobiol B. 2007 Jul 27;88(1):1-10.
- J Photochem Photobiol B. 2006 Dec 1;85(3):205-15.
- Ophthalmology. 2008;115(2):324-333.e2.
- Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2008 Apr;49(4):1679-85.
- Mar Drugs. 2013 Mar; 11(3): 960–974.
- J Clin Ther Med. 2005; 21(5):537-542.
- Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2008 Apr;49(4):1679-85.
- Altern Med Rev. 2011 Dec;16(4):355-64.
- Mol Vis. 2013; 19: 1656–1666.
- J Clin Ther Med. 2005; 21(5):543-556.
- J Trad Med. 2002; 19(5):170-173
- J Clin Ther Med. 2006; 22(1):41-54.
- Nutrients. 2013 April; 5(4): 1169–1185.
- Nutr Res. 2009;29(8):588−95.
- Nutrition. 2011 Sep;27(9):960-6.
- Lipids. 2009 Sep;44(9):799-806.
- Mol Cell Biochem. 2006 Jan;281(1-2):103-10.
- Int J Pharm. 2011 Jun 30;412(1-2):99-105.
- J Agric Food Chem. 2003 Jun 4;51(12):3560-3.
- Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2012;2012:429124
- Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010;51(12):6118-24.